Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TruST mE


If you know me at all, you will know that the second I get into work, I'm already thinking about lunch. While I am trying to eat better/save money, let's be realistic here... However, in this blog, I'm not so much thinking about today's lunch but just food in general. Which leads me to the best pizza place in the world - ROCKY ROCOCOS. If any of you have had their Italian sausage pizza, you are already agreeing with me. In fact, recently I have had some bonding experiences with others regarding this very pizza. For others, they can only imagine this perfection based on my other pizza recommendations (i.e. the infamous pokey stix). I grew up with this pizza. I'm not going to lie - my brother even had a birthday party there. I think he still has the t-shirt. But slowly, each Rocky Rococos in the Twin Cities started to shut down. I know this because my mom and I used to show up at these establishments only to find out we would be deprived of this delicacy. First Eden Praire closed, then Southtown, then Dinkytown. However, there is one location that remains alive and (kind of) kicking. Granted you have to drive through the ghetto to get there but good ol' Brooklyn Park remains true to my soul. Each time I show up, I close my eyes and pray that it has not been shut down. When I open them, once the Aldi's moves out of the way, that's when I see the treasure. I would love to say I only get one piece (they're large & square after all), but I just can't say no to a second piece. Rocky Rococos will always hold a special place in my heart (my mom knows just how much - wink, wink). Did you know that I actually entered a contest there writing a 500-word essay on "why I love Rocky Rococos?" 500-words is not a lot when you have as much to say about this place as I do. This was just two years ago. No joke. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. The point is, next time I go to Rocky Rococos, you should come with me. You'll love it (if you don't already).


4 comments:

Scott Model said...

Uh, I heard this is in Brooklyn Center actually.

Ange said...

How did I miss the fact that there is one Rockey Rococo right here in river city (matt will totally get that musical reference)?!!! You must take us there. Pronto.

britlar said...

I see another off campus lunch in our NEAR future.

Matt said...

I totally did get the reference. And that's trouble. Trouble with a capital 'T' and that rhymes with 'P' and that stands for pizza.

Also pool.