Tuesday, January 22, 2008

THe TiMe Has cOMe...

I need to discuss my face and set the record straight. Once again, I got called out today on having a weird look on my face. I won't even say the word that was used today but it's not good. The problem is, you see, is that I don't have the best vision but yet I refuse to get glasses (too expensive) or contacts (too much of a hassle - especially if I am drunk). Therefore, if I'm in large meeting rooms or large areas for that matter, I tend to squint. Also, if I'm focusing really hard one one person and listening intently, I scrunch my face. I don't realize I'm doing this at the time but people consistently think I'm angry or that something is wrong. It's not.

On a side note - do you know how many people randomly stop me on the street or yell out to me "smile!"? A lot. It bugs the shit out of me. A)I don't know you and B)don't we all make fun of those people who walk down the street with a smile on their face? I do. They might as well be skipping.

I worked at a bar in college. I had applied to be a waitress but they stuck me as bartender from 3-8 on Wednesday nights. It wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that I was the ONLY person "on duty" at the time and I was supposed to run the games (including outdoor volleyball), make food(!?!?!?!?), and tend bar. I know how to pour beer and make vodka tonics but that's pretty much it. I was always so scared someone was going to order food or ask me to do something I had no idea what or where it was. Luckily most of the time it was just regulars (old men) who drank beer, never ate and tipped me really well. Anyway, they called me Sunshine because I never smiled. I was nervous! I quit that job within two months.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I walk down the street with a smile. You wanna make something of it Holtz? I'll fight you with a knife.

britlar said...

Um... one point. It's too damn cold to smile right now. Your teeth will freeze.