Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm a geezer.

You know how "they" say one day you will wake up and you're old. That has happened to me. It was last week in fact when I woke up and looked in the mirror and saw wrinkles on my forehead. Lately there have been other things I've noticed too. For example:
  1. Wrinkles
  2. I talk to strangers.
  3. I'm not embarrassed to tweak my order at restaurants.
  4. I like to stay home, cook and paint or watch movies. By myself.
  5. I don't live at the bar anymore.
  6. I actually prefer to go out for a nice dinner during the weekend vs. going to the bars.
  7. I have officially made the switch to Diet Coke.
  8. I WANT to wear sunscreen when I'm outside.
  9. I think through things before I make decisions I will probably regret.
  10. I don't drive as fast.
  11. My tolerance is lower.

There are others that I can't think of right now but I think those say enough. Now what? Do I try to act crazy again and make stupid decisions or mistakes? Do I try to get drunk every night? Try to convince myself I'm still young? I've got the blues...

1 comment:

Lost Angeles said...

I think the fact that you care about getting wrinkles and switching to Diet proves that you are still young. Once you get over caring about it, that's how you know you're truly old.