Thursday, February 21, 2008

AppLe FRiTTeRs


I'm blogging for two reasons today. One, so that icky blog I posted yesterday doesn't show up on top of the page anymore. I can't believe I even added that picture. It's gross. And two, to tell you how much I love apple fritters lately. I blame a certain office services person. WHen I started at CL, they always served donuts at the welcome breakfasts. Then for a while they got cheap and started serving breads, dried cinnamon rolls, etc. But now, they're back to the donuts. But this time, the spread is better than ever. Almost any kind of donut you want is available at these breakfasts. A couple weeks ago, I came late and had a somewhat limited selection. However, staring me in the eye was an apple fritter. Sure, I've had them before and they're good so I figured, why not? Boy was I wrong. As Tony the Tiger would say, "they're not good, they're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!" Well now I can't get enough. Welcome breakfast? I'm one of the first ones running down there to claim my apple fritter. Starbucks? Apple fritter. Byerly's? Apple fritter. But the worst part is, now I actually go out of my way to get one. I've always thought starting your day out with a donut is a really good sign. An apple fritter takes that to a whole new level.

No comments: