Friday, May 22, 2009

VaCaTioN Day oN HumP DaY

I took work off this past Wednesday. Here are a few learnings:
  1. Swimsuit bottoms can be misinterpreted for underwear. So if you're lifting up your friends' dresses taking pictures of their butts, people may get the wrong impression.

  2. If there are 40 MPH winds and you're sitting by a beach covered in sunscreen, you WILL end up with a dirt mustache.

  3. If you want to talk yourself up, don't start with the phrase "I don't mean to stroke my own goat..."

  4. If you're going to start a fire, make sure you have the following: a picture, a lighter, a camera, Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start the Fire,' a cup of water (not as an afterthought) and a flame retardent bed. Oh, and one hot fireman.

  5. If you want to order a pizza, make sure you didn't just eat a pizza.

3 comments:

britlar said...

Best re-cap of a great day. Amazing.

Heather said...

I was biking around Calhoun the same windy day. I ended up in head to toe dirt- at least all exposed body parts that had sun screen... But I was wondering, who are all the people that have time to sit and lounge at the lake. Now I know it was you, Britta and Margarita!

britlar said...

I still love this. My officemates now think I'm crazy based on laughing to myself.