Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cougar vs. Cougar


So I have to wonder, what does my generation think of when they hear the word "cougar?" Growing up, it was an animal. A furry animal. Now, it's a different animal. And probably not so furry. When I hear "cougar," I think of older women preying on younger men. A while back, some friends discovered urbancougar.com. It was pretty hilarious. That's where I learned the difference between pumas, cougars and sabertooths. I even went hunting once. But now, whenever someone mentions a cougar, my thoughts never go to the four-legged animal. Ever. I realized it tonight when I went out to dinner with my grandma and she was talking about cougar sightings in her area. Apparently the neighbors are up in arms over this. The entire time she was talking, all I could imagine was a slutty, older woman running around in people's backyards looking for younger guys in the window.

2 comments:

britlar said...

clearly, i can identify who your grandma was talking about. very perspective grandma!

frank adam said...

If you find said old slut, please send her to my blog. I hear cougars love to blog about all of the hot, young, man meat they tag. Also, cougars are still hairy. Older ladies aren't up on the whole 'child like' Brazilian look the younger ladies are sporting these days. Old chicks still like some beard on the clam.