Tuesday, July 15, 2008

TiMe fOR a sERioUs cHaT...

...about Macaroni & Cheese. While some my think I'm not an expert, I am. Here are some of my Mac & Cheese highlights, rankings and comments.

THE BEST
  • McCoy's Restaurant baked Mac & Cheese
  • Kraft Three Cheese Shells (cheap, easy but fantastic - must eat entire box)
  • Smart Ones Three Cheese (if you must eat healthy - this is the only way to go)
  • Noodles & Company
  • Velveeta Shells & Cheese (granted I haven't had this since 3am in college but it was amazing)
  • Kraft spirals (simple but solid)

THE WORST

  • Amy's Organic (cheese flavored cardboard)
  • Smarts Ones Regular Mac (cheese flavored shaving cream)
  • Gluek's Restaurant Mac & Cheese (dumplings in a cream sauce)

I'm sure there are plenty I'm missing for both columns but these are what I could think of off hand. As mentioned in a previous blog, I ate at a Macaroni & Cheese restaurant in New York. It was awesome. See for yourself...



1 comment:

Nick Bondeson said...

Randomly perusing the blogosphere, noticed you have some serious deficiencies in your list here. Being an expert myself, I feel the need to make sure you mention:

THE BEST:
-Kraft White Cheddar (great with chicken)
-Creamette Shells and Cheese (no longer made, RIP)
-Capital Grill's Lobster Mac & Cheese (to die for)

THE WORST:
-Ikea. Not that one would expect a furniture store to have good mac and cheese, but who knew it could be that bad.

And if you're not cutting up hot dogs and putting them in your noodles, you're not hardcore.