Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I wAs dUpEd!

Recently I was thinking back to all the things I thought were real as a kid.  For example:
  • The band at Chuck E. Cheese.  Those guys were awesome.  I got so excited when they would come on stage.  Did it ever occur to me why they only played one venue?  No.  Did it ever occur to me why they needed so many breaks?  No.  Did it ever occur to me they weren't real?!  No.
  • I lived across the street from Biting Dog.  My best friend and I couldn't play sometimes because of him.  "I can't walk over to your house right now.  Biting Dog is outside."  First of all, he never bit anyone, so how he got that name I'll never know.  And secondly, it never occurred to me that Biting Dog wasn't his real name until literally last year.
  • There is a trail by my cabin in Montana that my mom called the Hedgehog Trail.  She would convince us to go walking with her because we might see hedgehogs and fairies, which I always looked for.  WTF???

3 comments:

britlar said...

LOVE IT! I was told as a child that when you got swollen tastebuds, that a dinasour actually came and laid an egg on your tongue and that's what it was. WHAT?

Heather said...

Someday, when I have kids, I'm totally convincing them to talk walks to spot fairies. Brilliant.

Iceberg768 said...

When I was a kid, my cousin told me that when my parents where in the room with the door shut they were only "wrestling". I LOVED wrestling and hated that they wouldnt invite me. Now that I look back thank god they didnt. Cuz we werent from Tennessee!!!